Monday, January 25, 2010

January 19



I met someone really beautiful today. I was walking out of class and noticed a man drawing with him and his artwork set up in front of rows of empty chairs. I asked what was going on. Supposedly there was a workshop for his art, but no one showed up. I look at his artwork-bowls, necklaces, head pieces, jewelry, and even though I had little free time, I felt like I wanted to stay and watch him for a little bit. He was looking at a tiny picture of MLK and recreating it on a huge canvas. I walked up to him when he was drawing the eyes. He said that it's all in the eyes-if you don't do the eyes right, you have nothing else. I found out he was here for a week from Kenya. The more he talked to me, the more I had a feeling that there was much more to this man than I could see. You know when you hear about people's energy and how it can radiate without a single word being said..that was this man. I don't want to sound cliche, but there was just something about him. So here he is-Nicolas Sironka.

No comments:

Post a Comment